This exceptional 1971 280SL is the 28 year effort of love by Fuelfed member Evans P. Evans purchased the straight, original rust-free SL from Utah (have copy of this title) in 1989 and spent the next two years having the vehicle professionally restored both mechanically and cosmetically.
The car had 55,125 miles in 1989 and now currently has only 59,385. This is a numbers matching original color car, redone in its factory spec ivory over red leather with black canvas top. We have photos and receipts documenting the restoration and all maintenance thereafter. We even have the PPI inspection letter from Alan Eisenberg from the Autohaus on Edens with his analysis from 1989.
Once the SL was completed, it lead a very, very pampered North Shore life receiving whatever it needed to keep it in perfect mechanical & cosmetic shape. Evans was proud to bring it every month to Coffee & Classics in Winnetka.
This is a no-excuses classic 280SL that Evans & family want to go to a passionate and discerning enthusiast.
- 1971 280SL
- Vin# 11304412023108.
- 59,385 original miles.
- Original ivory over red leather. Black canvas top with ivory factory hard top.
- 4 speed automatic.
- Working factory Becker Europa radio.
- All original factory books, tool kit and repair manual.
- Working factory FrigiKing A/C.
- Extra Nardi steering wheel as seen in pics. Original is on car currently.
- This 280SL drives and performs as factory new. the controls and accessories work as they should.
- Any small imperfections are shown in the photos.
Click on thumbnails to enlarge.