Car is going to Europe. Thanks to those who inquired.
It must be Porsche week here at the Fuelfed garage. Local member Scott M. sent in this incredible driving tool knowing track junkies lurk these posts. Anyone who has a clue what it takes to build a real track car, let alone one from a minty & very collectable long nose 911, knows this a screaming deal. We’d love to see this on TFD13.1 or at Coffee & Classics in two weeks.
We’ll let Scott tell the story.
I bought this car in 2007 as a nearly-completed project with freshly rebuilt motor and transmission. The former owner claimed to have over $70K invested, and I have invested another $30K making it ‘right.’ I have driven it under 4K miles, including 10 track days, and invested a lot of time and money debugging and perfecting the setup. All mechanical systems are still fresh. Original paint quality and panel fit was only OK, and now has quite a few rock chips. Rear bumper is slightly warped and cracked but still presentable and serviceable. At about 2200 pounds and with 330+ horsepower, the best-shifting 915 transmission I’ve experienced, and great suspension and brakes, this car is an absolute joy to drive and makes the most wonderful noises imaginable.
Excellent mechanical condition.
- Built from a clean 1972 911T. Painted Mexico blue. Clean 1972 title in hand.
- 3.4L twin-plug motor with Mahle Motorsport 10.3:1 pistons and cylinders, Weber 46IDA carbs, Electromotive TEC-3 ignition, ported and polished heads, GE80 cams. Runs safely on pump gas.
- M&K 911R exhaust, SSI heat exchangers.
- ‘Built’ 915 transmission /w many Wevo upgrades, oil cooler and spray bar, factory ZF limited slip differential.
- Coil-over suspension by Smart Racing/Fox/Elephant Racing, with phenomenal ASP spring plates, aluminum rear trailing arms.
- 17″ X 9″ and 11″ Jongbloed racing wheels.
- Big red front brakes, 930 turbo rear brakes, 911 SC/RS style dual-master cylinder pedal box.
- Very nice ‘minimalist’ full roll cage by Zuffenhaus.
- Big ATL fuel cell, twin fuel pumps.
- RSR lightweight interior, custom fitted perlon carpet, Recaro seats with alcantara inserts, black headliner, carbon fiber dash.
- Lexan side and rear quarter windows, flush mount rear window. Rear 1/4 windows open.
- Working headlights and taillights, turn signals, windshield wipers, horn – street legal.
- A wonderfully-driving, great handling, brutally fast, properly set up hot rod that can obliterate GT3s on the track.
- PPI happily arranged at a knowledgeable shop a few blocks from my home in Chicago, Illinois.
Located in Chicago