This one comes from Fuelfed driver David T. This one may look similar as it’s been to Coffee & Classics and Spontaneous Combustion several times. It’s been on the 400 mile Fuelfed Fall Classic with no issues, so you know it’s tough and well sorted. A rare early Healey with a super clean body.
In David’s words:
For sale is my 1962 Austin-Healey Sprite MkII with just under 17,000 miles on the odometer. It has a rebuilt, very low time 948cc engine in excellent working order. The previous owner did a modest restoration of the car and I just finished his work to get the car to a reliable weekend cruiser. The car starts and runs very well although a little on the rich side so could use a tune-up. It is in original configuration with a generator/voltage regulator on the positive ground. The car is very clean with virtually no rust as you can see from the bottom pictures. Please email me any questions or if you would like to schedule a time to see the car.
Located in Buffalo Grove, IL
Things needing attention:
- Leaks oil from the back of the motor, but manageable. Rear seal is a common issue in these motors
- Fuel gauge not working. I replaced the sending unit but didn’t help so either wiring or gauge need attention. I just used the odometer to know when to fill up
- Engine was completely rebuilt in 2010
- Completly new brake system in 2010
- Resurfaced fly wheel and pressure plate, new clutch disc in 2012
- New steering wheel and shifter knob (old ones included)
- Top is in like new condition
- New front shocks in 2012
- New voltage regulator in 2012
- New battery in 2012
- Haynes workshop manual